Re: Quality of docs [Was: [EXIM] still no local mail]

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jeffrey Goldberg
Cc: Paul Mansfield, Pollywog, exim-users
Asunto: Re: Quality of docs [Was: [EXIM] still no local mail]
On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> I had exim 1.82 up and running phenomonally fast (my only snag was that I
> was trying to use .db files created directly by sendmail instead of
> regenerating them). It is by far the easiest to configure MTA that I have
> come across. Not only that, it is far and away the best documented.

Thank you.

> While there are things that I would like to see with the docs (e.g., lots
> of examples of directors and routerts for doing common things, possibily
> in a separate file or in an appendix), the docs are outstanding.

This week, while 1.90 is bedding down, and before I take some holiday, I
am trying to write simple introductory text about the way Exim works. If
this ever gets completed I think it is likely to be a separate document
rather than an appendix. When I have a reasonable amount of it, I may
make it available for people to criticize.