Re: [EXIM] include_domain combined with dbm*

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: James FitzGibbon
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] include_domain combined with dbm*

james@??? said:
} It seems that when search_type is dbm*, the second check for uses just
} "*" as the key. I'm new to exim, but my initial impression (and I
} suspect other sendmail converts) was that because I used the
} include_domain option, it would look up the user as
} foo@???, then "*@somedomain.com".

Looks like a bug to me...

Whats happening is the search function (which is common to large parts of
exim) is being called with a "match this or a wildcard" operation.
However that search function doesn't know that this wildcard should be
made domain specific.

I guess it will need to be rewritten so that the aliasfile.c call is done
twice (ie the wildcarding is done by the alias handler rather than relying
on the underlying search routines). Alternatively the search function
could be given a "match this or a wildcard in the same domain" function
(in which case you may want to also handle the completely degenerate *@*
case as well.

paulm@??? said:
} I think the magic bit is 'expand'.

No, you are solving the same sort of problem in an entirely different way.
James has a single file with lots of domains aliases in it, using the
@domain to distinguish them. You have one file per domain:-

} file = /opt/exim/etc/incoming/$domain.map,

which gives the same overall effect but means you have n files to maintain.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]