[EXIM] include_domain combined with dbm*

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: James FitzGibbon
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] include_domain combined with dbm*

I've noticed a conflict in the aliasfile director.

Let's say that I have a file named /opt/mail/etc/virtual_aliases, the
contents of which are :

james@???        james@???
*@somedomain.com        someoneelse@???

(the file is in dbm format)

And in my exim configuration, I have :

virtual_domains:
driver = aliasfile
file = /opt/mail/etc/virtual_aliases.db
search_type = dbm*
include_domain

The idea being that I put all my virtualhosts (converted from sendmail)
into one large file. When I send to james@???, mail passes
just fine. When I send to foo@???, it doesn't.

Running exim on full debug shows why:

directing foo@???
calling virtual_domains director
virtual_domains director: file = /opt/mail/etc/virtual_aliases.db search
type = 49
file=/opt/mail/etc/virtual_aliases.db query=foo@???
search_open (1) /opt/mail/etc/virtual_aliases.db
search_find: file="/opt/mail/etc/virtual_aliases.db" type=1
key="foo@???" partial=1023
internal_search_find: file="/opt/mail/etc/virtual_aliases.db" type=1
key="foo@???"
file lookup required for foo@??? in /opt/mail/etc/virtual_aliases.db
trying to match *
internal_search_find: file="/opt/mail/etc/virtual_aliases.db" type=1
key="*"
file lookup required for * in /opt/mail/etc/virtual_aliases.db
virtual_domains director failed for foo:

It seems that when search_type is dbm*, the second check for uses just "*"
as the key. I'm new to exim, but my initial impression (and I suspect other
sendmail converts) was that because I used the include_domain option, it
would look up the user as foo@???, then "*@somedomain.com".

I've gotten around the problem for now by using Nigel Metheringham's
smartuser method (see the thread from March 2nd/98).

Still, is there a way of doing what I intially wanted ? It seems to make
sense from my point of view. Please feel free to shoot my point of view
down; just be prepared to back it up. 8-)

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                                james@???
System Engineer, ACC TelEnterprises               Voice/Fax (416)207-7171/7123

"...much of today's software is comprised of mostly 'D' and very little 'R'"
                                                              -- Alan Cooper