Re: [EXIM] RFC1413 timeouts, firewalls and sendmail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: Stephen Marquard
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] RFC1413 timeouts, firewalls and sendmail
On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Stephen Marquard wrote:
> As a check by hand showed this delay to be about 60s, I found
>
>     rfc1413_query_timeout

> which defaults to 60s. It turned out that ident requests to the
> server attempting to send mail were being firewalled, with the result
> that they timed out at 60s instead of failing immediately with
> 'connection refused' or returning a response.

we've found that Lotus's Notes smtp gateway times out with this setting too.

we tried in vain to determine why the Notes user didn't have ident on his
machine (there was no answer from his TCP/IP stack)... and his Notes
manuals didn't help.

I guess 60s is a very long time, too long for many protocol stacks then.

Paul
----
P Mansfield, Senior SysAdmin PSINet, +44-1223-577577x2611/577611 fax:577600
...looking for SignatureNG++, as SignatureClassic was getting boring