[EXIM] Running exim -qv

Author: John Henders
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Running exim -qv

I had a bunch of mail queued up on a machine because a broken alias
driver didn't specify a user id to deliver under (wouldn't it be a good
idea to make this default to the exim user if not defined?). Anyway, I
decided to run exim -v -q after fixing the problem to see how quickly
exim processed the queue. In watching the results, I observered that
exim was reporting "Connecting to.." with each mail delivery, even where
there were multiple messages sent to the same host. Is this an artifact
of using -v? I thought exim delivered all the mail queued up to a host
down the same smtp connection.

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.