Re: [EXIM] routing deferred

Author: Philip Hazel
To: steve,,,
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] routing deferred
On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, steve,,, wrote:

> under a situation where i create around a thousand mail messages each
> with its' own SMTP connect, the mail is delivered ok. however if i dump
> around a thousand messages down via one connect have problems.

Do you mean 1000 different messages, or do you mean one message with
1000 recipients?

> once the the kernel file table on the internal host file table fills up
> and starts deferring messsages with the following errors:

> 1997-12-09 15:29:14 foob@???: remote_smtp transport deferred: SMTP
> error from remote mailer after RCPT TO: <foob@???>: host
> crow.cs.unm.edu [198.59.151.172]: 451 Cannot check <foob@???> at
> this time - please try later

I'm not clear what's happening here. You said crow was your internal
host, yet here it seems to be receiving mail from somewhere, since it is
generating the errors. What does the log on crow say? Look at both the
mainlog and the rejectlog.