[EXIM] routing deferred

Author: steve,,,
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] routing deferred

first a little background on our setup, there are two machines crow and
sloth. sloth is the external host, basically acting as a mail filter
for incoming mail. crow is the internal host which actually handles
local deliveries , and outgoing mail.

under a situation where i create around a thousand mail messages each
with its' own SMTP connect, the mail is delivered ok. however if i dump
around a thousand messages down via one connect have problems.
once the the kernel file table on the internal host file table fills up
and starts deferring messsages with the following errors:

1997-12-09 15:29:14 SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:
<foob@???>: host crow.cs.unm.edu [198.59.151.172]: 451 Cannot check
<foob@???> at this time - please try later
1997-12-09 15:29:14 foob@???: remote_smtp transport deferred: SMTP
error from remote mailer after RCPT TO: <foob@???>: host
crow.cs.unm.edu [198.59.151.172]: 451 Cannot check <foob@???> at
this time - please try later
1997-12-09 15:34:26 foob@???: routing deferred: remote deliveries
being skipped
1997-12-09 15:44:26 foob@???: routing deferred: remote deliveries
being skipped
1997-12-09 15:54:26 foob@???: routing deferred: remote deliveries
being skipped

these messages just queue. They are never delivered and are removed after
4 days or so...

anyone have any ideas?

i call exim with sendmail -bd -qfl10m ...

anything else i should send in?

-steve

--
 http;//flux.unm.edu - Modern scooter website!
   I have plenty of common sense, i just choose to ignore it. -Calvin