Re: [EXIM] routing deferred

Author: steve,,,
To: Tom
CC: vort, exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] routing deferred

> > these messages just queue. They are never delivered and are removed after
> > 4 days or so...
> >
> > anyone have any ideas?
>
> Why don't you make the kernel file table bigger?
>
> I'm not sure what you expect Exim to do if your system isn't up to the
> task. I guess Exim could be patched to patch your kernel up, and reboot
> your machine :)

well i guess i expect exim to deliver the messages once the resources become
available. smail has no problems under the same circumstances, so I would
expect exim to behave at least that well, i do plan on making the file
table bigger, but if the same thing happens once it is larger, then what?
this doesn't seem like sane behavior, perhaps i've misconfigured something
wrong, but i dont know what...

thanks for the ideas,

-steve

--
 http;//flux.unm.edu - Modern scooter website!
   I have plenty of common sense, i just choose to ignore it. -Calvin