[EXIM] Exim and Majordomo

Author: Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises Inc and Shire.Net
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Exim and Majordomo
Hi

I am having troubles getting Exim (1.73) to feed majordomo (1.94.x). My
machine serves mail for "shire.net" as well as a whole ton more domaisn.
I want it to serve for lists.shire.net and frogmorton.shire.net as well as
separate entities (separate mail domains separate from shire.net itself --
up til now a separate machine processed list mail directly [own mx record
etc] and that will happen again in the future soon). The majordomo stuff
is under lists.shire.net

This is what I have:

majordomoforwarder:
driver = aliasfile,
domains = lists.shire.net:frogmorton.shire.net;
file = /usr/local/majordomo/majordomo.aliases,
include_domain = true, # tried both with and without
search_type = lsearch,
forbid_pipe = false,
user = majordom

I have tried it with and without include_domain

The majodomo.aliases file is a standard aliases file like the majordomo
help files say to set up (ie lots of aliases pointing to other aliases or
pipes to majordomo's wrapper)

(side question: how to make exim's alias handling code treat a result from
the aliases file as a totally new address that should be reevaluated
instead of being a "finished" local part? This comes up again here because
majordomo aliases can look like this:

list-approval: list-owner
list-owner: some@???

and this failes as exim treats list-owner as a complete local part instead
if reevaluating it as a possible alias. I've had this in thepast before so
I avoided the problem by making a complete address user@??? but the
majordomo aliases aren;t like that and they worked fine under sendmail.
[hence the include_domain attempt above).

I got it to work when I went through and modified the majordomo.aliases
file and qualified the addresses with @lists.shire.net but digests would
never work for some reason.

ANyway, hints and examples on getting majordomo to work are greatly
appreciated.

thanks
Chad

Chad Leigh              Pengar Enterprises, Inc and Shire.Net
chad@???         info@???        info@???
Full service WWW services from just space to complete sites.
Low cost virtual servers.    DB integration. Tango.
Email forwarding -- Permanent Email Addresses.  POP3 and IMAP
Email Accounts.  mailto:info@shire.net for any of these.