Re: [EXIM] Using sender_reject_except

Author: Philip Hazel
To: John Horne
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Using sender_reject_except
On Thu, 27 Nov 1997, John Horne wrote:

> 1. Following on from my last message (thanks Philip for the reply) is it also
> true that regular expressions/wildcards won't work when a file lookup is used?

Yes. All the file lookup types, *including lsearch*, are of the form "here
is a key, find me the record" and there is an internal interface inside
Exim which hides the details of each kind of lookup from the rest of the
code. So whatever works with dbm will also work with lsearch and NIS or
whatever.

Apart from netlists, there isn't currently a facility for saying "here
is a file, behave as if its contents were in-line at this point and
process them in order", which seems to be the facility you are looking
for.

> If I change the "except" option to use "@@partial-lsearch;..." then it works
> fine...wildcards, RE's, the lot. (Don't say "So use that...", there are
> reasons why I'm trying to keep this all as simple as possible).

The @@ option uses the search interface using the domain: "here is a
domain, find the string associated with this domain"; if that succeeds,
then the contents of the string are scanned serially as a series of
items for matching the local part.