[EXIM] gating mail

Author: Dana Booth
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] gating mail
I would like to use Exim at work; I'm not really a Unix-head, and
Sendmail intimidates me more than Exim. I need to setup some relay rules
and so forth, and Exim seemed to have much easier to understand config
files.

Our setup is small at work, I'm the only systems/network person for a
LAN of about 75-80 Windows 95 boxes, and two Linux boxes. One Linux box
has a static Internet IP address, and is a firewall/ip_masq for the LAN.
The rest of the LAN have local IP addresses of 192.168.1.x, where the
firewall is .1.

The second Linux box has an address of 192.168.1.12, and several people
use this computer's Pine program. The Pine program on .12 uses the smtp
services and inbox on .1, the firewall, it does not access the users
local mail directory or its own sendmail.

What I would like to accomplish is this: I would like some, not all,
incoming mail from the Internet to be routed to this second Linux box,
that does not have an Internet address. I would like mail written on
this second Linux box to use its own sendmail, and be sent via the first
Linux box, with the first Linux boxes hostname attached.

Now, I know that this is probably child's play for most of you, but I
have farted around with this for three days, using various routing and
other commands, and I've not been able to do it. Yes, it's embarrassing
to ask for help with something that I know must be simple; I would hate
to see some of your complex configurations. I hope that someone could
point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

--

Dana Booth <dana@???>