Re: [EXIM] gating mail

Author: Dana Booth
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] gating mail
Philip Hazel wrote:
> > What I would like to accomplish is this: I would like some, not all,
> > incoming mail from the Internet to be routed to this second Linux box,
>
> How is this mail defined? By having a different domain? By being
> addressed to specific local parts at a single domain?

Hi, it's just a very simple single domain setup. Joe has a login at
do.main.net, which has a static Internet IP interface, plus another NIC
with a local LAN IP address. Joe also has a login at a second Linux box
on the local LAN which has a name of rhl.do.main.net. I only wanted
do.main.net to forward Joe's mail to rhl.do.main.net, where he could use
rhl's Pine. I also wanted rhl.do.main.net to forward all outgoing mail
to do.main.net, to be sent out to the world. Joe uses the mailing
address of joe@???, but never actually connects with anything
other than rhl.do.main.net.

Anyway, after fiddling a bit, and some very helpful advice here, it
works just fine now for those employees who use the second Linux box.
Exim is just what I've been looking for, regarding the easy to use
relaying commands.

Thanks!

--

Dana Booth <dana@???>