RE: [EXIM] Matching on sender domain OR reciever domain

Author: Alpha Geek
To: 'Philip Hazel'
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: RE: [EXIM] Matching on sender domain OR reciever domain
I think I must either not be explaining myself well, or am getting lost
in the syntax.

Here is what I need to have happen, graphically displayed:

CASE 1:
smtp connection,
mail from: somebody@???
only accept the email if the rcpt to: domain is considered local (or in
my ok-to-relay domain list)

CASE 2:
smtp connection
mail from: somebody@???
allow anyone mailing FROM a local domain to relay anywhere

It does look like this would work:

sender_host_reject_relay = *
sender_address_relay=*@"local_domains"
relay_match_host_or_sender

But with this config it still rejects CASE 2, above. Case 1 has always
worked.

Oddly enough, debug messages from exim mention a
"sender_allow_relay_anywhere" setting which I can't find in the docs.

- Troy

On Friday, November 21, 1997 12:07 PM, Philip Hazel wrote:
> As far as relaying checks go, it will always accept mail for users at
> your local domains. The relaying stuff applies to addresses that are

not