RE: [EXIM] Matching on sender domain OR reciever domain

Author: Alpha Geek
To: 'Philip Hazel', 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: RE: [EXIM] Matching on sender domain OR reciever domain
On Friday, November 21, 1997 11:50 AM, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Alpha Geek wrote:
>
> > I need to relay email for messages coming in that either match local
> > domains as receivers OR as sender addresses. This part is what I'm
> > struggling with.
>
> If the address is for a local domain, then Exim is not "relaying", and

> will always accept the message.

Sorry, poor choice of wording. I really meant "accept".

> Setting sender_address_relay specifies which senders are allowed to
> relay through you to other hosts.
>
> > I will disallow relaying based on net addresses and hostnames, but

this
> > part is easy.
>
> If you do that on its own, Exim won't do any relaying, because it

wants
> both the sender and the host to be acceptable. Sounds as though you

need

> relay_match_host_or_sender
>
> which causes it to accept a message for relaying if either the host or

> the sender is acceptable.

I had just stumbled across this item, too. However, is there a shortcut
on sender_address_relay which simply says "any valid user @ my local
domains"? I've been trying various combinations, but exim doesn't seem
to like them. Perhaps I can pull the values out of relay_domains ?

Thanks again for the assistance!

- Troy