Re: [EXIM] forwardfile director behavior

Author: Dave Pifke
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] forwardfile director behavior
> More likely the administrator notices the mail piling up for them. I see
> a couple of these a week at busy times.

In our case, this amounted to ~4,000 messages sitting in the queue after we
disabled a batch of non-paying accounts (we chmod 0 their home directory to
keep them from uploading files or serving web pages). Exim's efficiency drops
significantly when the input spool is that big.

> I don't object to the option, which is presumably a small bit of code,
> if it is generally wanted.

So long as it doesn't break anything, it's probably worthwhile. We've been
running with this option set for a day or so and I haven't encoutered any
problems.

--
Dave Pifke, dpifke@???