Re: [EXIM] Partial domains and relaying controls

Author: Evan Leibovitch
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Tony Earnshaw, exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Partial domains and relaying controls

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Philip Hazel wrote:

> you need to run a separate popper or IMAP server with Exim. I
> believe there are several to choose from.

As I understand it, many OSs (including most Linux distributions) already
come with some form of imapd.

NB: Until a few months ago, imapd had a a pretty bad secutiry hole -- one
of those buffer-overrun things, I believe -- that would allow an attacker
root access. While that is now fixed, I have noted some (unsuccessfull)
attempts on my site by spammers now trying to use imap to obtain lists of
email addresses. Be aware...

Evan Leibovitch, Sound Software Ltd, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
Supporting PC-based Unix since 1985 / Caldera & SCO authorized / www.telly.org
----------------- HURD is to Linux as Plan 9 is to System V ------------------