Re: [EXIM] Sending to system without an MX

Author: Evan Leibovitch
To: Andy Mell
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Sending to system without an MX

On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, Andy Mell wrote:

> > What do I need to do to
> > allow the 'lookuphost' router/driver to accept systems that have an 'A'
> > but no "MX' record?

> If its just the one site then you can configure a special router for that
> site which goes in the configure file routers section before the
> lookuphost router i.e.

OK (and thanks), but is there any way to generalize this?

My real preference would be a log-file warning that the DNS had to use an
'A' record rather than an 'MX', but to otherwise process the mail
normally. That would allow me to inform the remote postmaster, while not
failing the original mail.

- Evan