[EXIM] Sending to system without an MX

Author: Evan Leibovitch
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Sending to system without an MX

I'm trying to send mail to a system which has an A record in its DNS but
no MX. All attempts to verify/send refused to find the site.

While I've sent mail to the site asking them to get an MX, I've also
tried a kludge to allow me to send them mail for now -- by putting this
in my config file:
-----------------------------

# ROUTERS

lookuphost:
  driver = lookuphost,
  transport = remote_smtp;
  non_mx_domains = *       <--- added this

...but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Neither does adding a
similar line in the 'smtp' transport section. What do I need to do to
allow the 'lookuphost' router/driver to accept systems that have an 'A'
but no "MX' record?

Thanks.

Evan Leibovitch, Sound Software Ltd, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
Supporting PC-based Unix since 1985 / Caldera & SCO authorized / www.telly.org
----------------- HURD is to Linux as Plan 9 is to System V ------------------