Re: [EXIM] SMTP timeouts

Author: John Henders
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] SMTP timeouts

I remember seeing something like this a few years ago with smail when it
was set to a shorter timeout. It used to be a "feature" of sendmail that
it would hold open an smtp connection after delivering mail to a site,
just in case there was more mail to be sent later (or that's the
rationale I heard for it) I haven't seen this in quite a long time so
I'm guessing that that feature was disabled by default or removed. Maybe
Netscape adopted that feature for their own mailer, (assuming they use
their own mailer) or are running an older version of sendmail.

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.