RE: [EXIM] Is this exim or DNS?

Author: George Bonser
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [EXIM] Is this exim or DNS?
And this is exactly what I do. I provide mail using uucp over tcp/ip for a lot
of folks. It is even useful in a business environment where the master
mailhost is visible to the internet but the department mailservers are behind a
firewall. In this case, the master server spools the mail for the different
departments by UUCP and the department mailhosts poll the master server at
regular intervals to collect/transmit mail. It sure saves a lot of trouble
when you have systems in 192.168.x.x space trying to move mail to/from a server
outside the firewall on the public internet. Just because you are using uucp
for TRANSPORT does not in any way require you to put addresses in the old uucp
format.