Re: Smartlist and exim

Author: Rob Lingelbach
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Smartlist and exim
On Nov 6, 18:09, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
} Subject: Smartlist and exim

> I'm using SmartList/procmail 3.11pre7 (latest around - however development
> appears now to be moribund). It does run as its own user - trying to
> manage mailing lists under your own ID can be hard work (although qmail

I've been running SmartList for several years and have tons of
customizations, so was loathe to make the big switch over to running
it under its own account, as I had originally set it up under my own
account (for reasons I forget now). But I've taken your response as
my cue to plunge in with the change, and it does appear to fix the
problem I had with Sender:. I'm still using list entries in the
aliases file, as I'm not quite certain of my ability to incorporate
your exim configuration changes yet, but I'll be researching it.

> What you do need is to ensure that choplist is used for distribution (ie
> do not uncomment the "alt_sendmail" entry which is blank).

yes, I've always used choplist. Are you changing the stock choplist
parameters in any way? There has been some discussion, historically,
on the SmartList mailinglist on this.

> confirm package is available at:-
>     ftp://ftp.fatfree.com/confirm-1.1.tar.gz

thanks, I'll pick it up.

I have a 900+ subscriber mailinglist that used to crawl along under
smail-3, now under exim with concurrency (remote_max_parallel = 12),
it delivers 80% of the messages within a minute, and load isn't too
high.

--Rob

rob@???         | "I care not much for a man's religion whose dog or
rob@???            |  cat are not the better for it."  --Abraham Lincoln