Re: director contingent on random address?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Stuart Lynne
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: director contingent on random address?
In article <Pine.SOL.3.96.971017085650.14285B-100000@???>,
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
>On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>
>On 16 Oct 1997, Stuart Lynne wrote:
>
>> On the router side unfortunately there are limited options for doing
>> this type of lookup. Iplookup will translate one address to exactly
>> one new address. I havn't been able to make queryprogram give me
>> the results I want (simulate forward file).
>
>I noted a requirement some time ago to make iplookup return more than
>one address. However, a little thought showed this to be major surgery,
>since routers are not set up to handle the splitting of one address into
>multiple addresses. It is the directors that do that. Consequently, I
>changed the item on my list to "think about an iplookup director".
>
>I do, however, like the nice idea of feeding everything to a lookuphost
>first and using the "self" option as a way of detecting local domains.
>Perhaps what is needed is saying "self = directors", i.e. if lookuphost
>finds MX->self, then throw the address to the directors. We almost have
>that with the "self = local" option. In fact, I already have an item on
>the wish list that says "permit a router to inject an address into the
>director chain even if the domain isn't in local_domains". I think this
>might make it possible to do what you want fairly simply.

Perhaps an option that says send message to directors for directing if
the MX for the domain is pointing to the local host. I.e. not self for
directors. But a global check if message is local by checking it's MX
instead of only relying on localdomains directive. How about the
following global config directive:

    local_domains_include_self_mx

    Type:       boolean
    Default:    false

    If this option is set, an address is considered to be "local"
    and processed via directors if the lowest MX record for it
    points to any domain already considered local, typically set
    with "localdomains" or with "local_domains_include_host". Note
    that lowest can be one of several if they are all of equal
    value (round robin DNS).

And the following director option allows you to conditionalize your
handling by having two logical MX records that are the same but have
different directors:

    domains_include_self_mx

    Type:       boolean
    Default:    false

    If this option is set, an address is considered to match an
    item listed in a "domains" directive if the lowest MX record
    is listed.

The final two (for me anyway) things would be a template option for the
aliasfile director:

    template

    Type:       string
    Default:    unset

    If this option is set, and an address lookup has failed, the
    template will be used to generate a new address. String expansion
    is done.

And a boolean to tell the alias driver to do lookup with the complete
address, not simply the user.

    key_includes_domain

    Type:       boolean
    Default:    unset

    If set the aliasfile director will use the complete address (user
    and domain, e.g. user@domain) as the search key.

We then end up with:

    localdomains = "m1.myhost.com m2.myhost.com"
    local_domains_include_self_mx

    directors

    m1:
      domains = m1.myhost.com
      domains_include_self_mx
      driver = aliasfile;
      file = /etc/exim/m1_aliases,
      key_includes_domain
      template = "${user}@???"
      search_type = lsearch

    m2:
      domains = m2.myhost.com
      domains_include_self_mx
      driver = aliasfile;
      file = /etc/exim/m2_aliases,
      key_includes_domain
      template = "${user}@???"
      search_type = lsearch

--
Stuart Lynne <sl@???>      604-933-1000      <http://www.poste.com>
PGP Fingerprint: 28 E2 A0 15 99 62 9A 00  88 EC A3 EE 2D 1C 15 68