Re: director contingent on random address?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Stuart Lynne
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: director contingent on random address?
On 18 Oct 1997, Stuart Lynne wrote:

> Perhaps an option that says send message to directors for directing if
> the MX for the domain is pointing to the local host. I.e. not self for
> directors.

This is exactly the new feature that I was thinking of adding to the
existing "self" options. Then the way exim would work would be to see if
the domain matched local_domains, if not, run the routers; if a router
finds the domain is "self" and its "self" option says "go to directors",
then that is what it would do.

> But a global check if message is local by checking it's MX
> instead of only relying on localdomains directive.

I don't see the advantage of adding that in as a special case - why not
retain the flexibility of letting the routers do it? Then some domains
can be handled differently to others if necessary.

> And the following director option allows you to conditionalize your
> handling by having two logical MX records that are the same but have
> different directors:

Yes.

>    If this option is set, and an address lookup has failed, the
>    template will be used to generate a new address. String expansion
>    is done.

That would be most flexible as a generic director/router option, I
suspect.

> And a boolean to tell the alias driver to do lookup with the complete
> address, not simply the user.

Already exists. See "include_domain".