Re: Spam Filter

Author: Jason Kohles
To: Tim Patterson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Spam Filter
On Tue, 7 Oct 1997, Tim Patterson wrote:

> 1) Using the header below , how would I reject, using an exim_filter,
> based on the header area word X-Advertisement:

I didnt get this spam, probably because my system filter contains:
if $h_x-advertisement contains "hitman" then
seen finish
endif

> 2) Where To: and From: are the same, most of the time its spam, but
> many mailing lists also do this. Any suggestions?

There are many other programs that do this as well, I would advise against
junking mail just because the to and from are the same...

> 3) Does spam really work, or do we just have to endure this *phase* until
> the spammers get tired?

The problem is the spammers are making tons of money, they dont care how
many people they annoy.

> Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 15:47:27 GMT
> From: lori@???
> To: lori@???
> Subject: Come meet us dancers

> --

    Jason Kohles -- System Administrator -- XMission Internet Access
      robobob@??? (at work) robobob@??? (at play)
   "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler."