Re: anti-relaying

Author: Sean Witham
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Dom Mitchell, exim-users
Subject: Re: anti-relaying

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > sender_host_reject_relay = "*"
>
> I will at the very least put that in commented out, with explanatory
> text. If there is lots of support on the list for not commenting it out,
> I will leave it uncommented.

I would support uncommented. For those post master that need a
different configuration may find that being forced to find how to do
things may be more bennifical than it is a hinderance.

> Personally, I feel that reverse-looking up every message that arrives is
> a waste of net resources, which is why it isn't the default. But again,
> I'm happy to put something in that is commented out.

This may or may not be true for all users of exim but what do people
feel is the general rule here and what the exception ? With relays the
list of required hosts/domains is small, if any, compared to the
number you don't want to relay for.

--Sean