Re: anti-relaying

Author: Richard Welty
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: anti-relaying
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> writes:

> > sender_host_reject_relay = "*"

> I will at the very least put that in commented out, with explanatory
> text. If there is lots of support on the list for not commenting it out,
> I will leave it uncommented.

i think that with the current climate on the net, it is important for
any mailer to be shipped with relay turned off. the spammers are
getting pretty agressive about hunting down unprotected MX hosts now
and it's getting _very_ ugly out there.

the specific reason i switched to exim in the first place was the
spam control; i think that a lot of those who have recently switched
did it for that reason.

> Personally, I feel that reverse-looking up every message that arrives is
> a waste of net resources, which is why it isn't the default. But again,
> I'm happy to put something in that is commented out.

i think that having the ip address up there is good enough; we can
always do the lookup manually if a message attracts our attention.

richard

--
Richard Welty                     welty@???
http://www.inet-solutions.net/~welty/         888-311-INET