Re: anti-relaying

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Piete Brooks
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: anti-relaying
On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Piete Brooks wrote:

> I was going to add my vote to Richard Welty'a email (Block relay, Include IP),
> but on deepet thought, my vote goes for the default being
>    Block relay
>    Include HELO string, IP address *AND* reverse lookup in Received:
> with comments nearby explaining what each line does, why, when it may be useful
> to change it, to what it may be changed, and pointers into spec.txt to read up
> on the matter.

I have also thought about this, and read the other comments on the list,
and I have been persuaded that this is probably the best way to go. I am
shortly (maybe this week, depends on how things go) going to put out
1.71 - mainly to get the new list address into the docs - but will
consider getting this point sorted out as well. Changing the default
configuration won't affect any existing sites who upgrade, so it is in
that sense upwards compatible.