Sender reject options

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: Sender reject options
Here's a sticky question...

I've been checking our configuration for sender rejects, and can't really see
the difference between "sender_host_reject_recipients" and
"sender_reject_recipients".

According to the manual (exim 1.70) the first is a host-list, and the latter
an address-list. But page 175 of chapter 44 implies that both of these can
have a mixed format - hence aren't they the same? Also page 33 of chapter 7
states that an address-list which is a file lookup can be a mixed list.

What I'm trying to achieve is to have a plain text file, hence using lsearch,
which contains both individual users (e.g. fred@???), and sites (e.g.
abc.co.uk) from whom we do not wish to receive mail. The file is text for
ease of administration, and we don't actually ban too many sites/users (at
the moment).

Thanks for any help,

John.