Another Exim success story (and Questions)

Author: Skye Merlin Poier
To: exim-users
New-Topics: Netscape Client Mail Issue
Subject: Another Exim success story (and Questions)
Hello!

Today we turned on Exim for all incoming SMTP traffic and it performed
beautifully using db files for mapping virtual email accounts to real user
IDs (for about 30,000 users)... low traffic, only about 1 connection per
second, but load never got above 0.2! On Monday we will turn it back up
again and hopefully leave sendmail in the dust by the end of the week.

A few questions....

1. In the Exim Overview, at the very bottom, it says:

"There is a menu of operations that can be performed by suitably privileged
users. Messages can be frozen, thawed, deleted, caused to be delivered,
modified, or returned to their senders from this interface."

I'm running as root, can't find any such menus. Couldn't find anywhere
in the config files or the Makefiles that specify what users have this
privilege... is this vapourware or am I missing something?

2. Noticed that messages with invalid recipient and invalid sender causes
the bounce message to get frozen (forever, I assume). I'd rather it
emulated the behaviour of sendmail and just forwarded the failed bounce
to postmaster@??? ... is this a job for a new director? Examples
anyone?

3. Is the order of directors important? That is, does it apply them
sequentially from top to bottom?

Thanks!!

--
Skye Poier: Network Operations, Canada Internet Direct   -   spoier@???
1050 - 555 W Hastings St, Vancouver, B.C., V6B 4N6       -     (604) 602-1800