Re: Address re-writing in Exim

Author: Scott Stevens
To: Nigel R. Armfield
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Address re-writing in Exim
Nigel R. Armfield writes:
> Hi,
>
> I'm comverting our MTA service from PP to Exim and have managed
> to overcome most of the cultural differences.

Hooray for the "Good Guys"...

> A feature of our PP configuration is that addresses which do not
> exist in the tables cannot EMail out of this site. The most
> useful result of this feature is that badly formed return addresses
> are not let out of the site.
>
> With Exim, I'm not sure how to achieve the same thing - what
> I really want is for Exim to return/dump any EMail which contains
> an originator's address which cannot be rewritten.
>
> Has anyone else done this ?

Well I've looked at it (sender_verify et al.). Unfortunately, it seems that
although there is a sender_verify_except_{hosts,nets} there's no
sender_verify_{hosts,nets}. So sender verification cannot do limited
to local net only.

Perhaps someone else has found another method...

> Many thanks,
>
> Nigel

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
Frankie: "How long do you want the cuffs?"  Chandler: "Well, at least as