Address re-writing in Exim

Author: Nigel R. Armfield
To: exim-users
Subject: Address re-writing in Exim
Dear all,

I sent a query out at the end of last week with regards to header
- -rewriting. Although I received a couple of replies, no one had
any specific ideas on how to achieve the result which I wanted.

I managed to figure a temporary workaround, which although required
a modification to the source is just right for our circumstances.

I've put a catch-all entry at the tail of the re-writing entries:

    *@*.lmu.ac.uk ""

Which causes exim to choke attempting a null-header rewrite.

Ordinarily, exim still delivers the item with an un-rewritten
header - quite the opposite of the behaviour which we want
for our site. So, I modified the code to exit cleanly should
it ever arrive at this situation.

It would be nice if exim provided some kind of simple way to
implement this behaviour without modifying the source.

Best Wishes,

Nigel

"When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him
 melodiously first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him
 with vigor."
Nigel R. Armfield                N.R.Armfield@???
Campus Network Manager
Computing Services                Voice: +44 113 283 3119
Leeds Metropolitan University            Fax:   +44 113 283 5962
LEEDS LS1 3HE
UK

------------------------------ End of forwarded message 1