Re: Problem with exim and fetchmail.

Author: Georg v.Zezschwitz
To: Rob Browning
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Problem with exim and fetchmail.

> I just switched over from sendmail to exim on one of my machines, and
> I was having a problem getting mail from any other machine via
> fetchmail. If I put fetchmail in verbose mode I can see that exim is
> rejecting the SMTP command because there's no domain name:
>
> fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<rlb>
> fetchmail: SMTP< 501 <rlb>: recipient address must contain a domain

What about these lines:

# Specify the domain you want to be added to all unqualified addresses
# here. If this option is not set, the primary_hostname value is used.

qualify_domain = my-domain.de

# If you want unqualified recipient addresses to be qualified with a different
# domain to unqualified sender addresses, specify the recipient domain here.
# If this option is not set, the qualify_domain value is used.

# qualify_recipient =

That's just what I guess, I might be wrong.

Greetings,

Georg