Re: Use of Return-Receipt-To and Acknowledge-To headers

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Chris Thompson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Use of Return-Receipt-To and Acknowledge-To headers
cet1@??? said:
} Whose fault is this? Is there anything we should be doing in the list
} expansion, such as stripping such headers, or are these sites in
} dereliction of de facto standards by sending the report to the return
} path rather than the specified address?

I think that really its the remote end's fault.
However, I would always advise stripping receipt/acknowlege headers in
list mail - you certainly used to be able to mailbomb fred by adding
    Return-Receipt-To: fred@wherever
to a message that went to a big list.

[I don't actually know the Acknowledge-To: header - is this a new one?]

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 224 0003 ]