Re: From_ broken slightly in 1.61

Author: Chris Thompson
To: Alan Thew
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: From_ broken slightly in 1.61
Alan Thew wrote:

> OK, I'm not running the latest, but shouldn't the format
>
> From user@site Fri Aug 08 08:33:38 1997
>
> have a leading space rather than a leading zero in `08' ?

Would you like to quote an applicable standard in this area? :-)

Exim just uses strftime() with format "%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y" [see src/tod.c].
It used to put a timezone offset in as well, but this caused trouble with some
MUAs, so that was taken out. I hope you aren't going to say that some MUAs
object to leading zeros on the hour?

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,
Email: cet1@???    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.