Re: Year 2000.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Sean Witham
Cc: Nigel Metheringham, Jay Denebeim, Exim User's List (E-mail)
Temas nuevos: Expirable addresses [was Re: Year 2000. ]
Asunto: Re: Year 2000.
On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Sean Witham wrote:

> I would preffer the clearer non-ambigous option of 4 digits. I have to
> to deal with many repetaive configuration issues every day an extra
> two digits is no bother.

This is not a configuration issue. It is an issue of what users have to
set up. The idea is that you can configure exim so that if, for example,
you, as a user, post to Usenet with the address (for example)
user.971012@??? as your sender address then that address is
valid only till 971012, after which it will behave like an unknown local
part. Users will be wanting to change this regularly, possibly even
manually every time they post. It seems silly to get them to type what
are in effect two fixed digits every time. (It also increases the length
of the local part, though I don't think that is a real issue.) There
will only be a short period of a few months when the choice between 19
and 20 makes any sense, since my assumption is that people who use this
facility will normally set expiry times of a few weeks (maybe months) at
most.