Re: failed to get write lock for...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Henders
A: Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: failed to get write lock for...
On Jun 12, Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

> Exim doesn't at present support gdbm properly. I am at this very moment
> working on the support for the various db packages. The problem is that
> gdbm does its own locking and there are various ways it can get confused
> with Exim's attempts to lock. The results of my current investigation
> are going to appear in a rather long README.DBM file...

Isn't this just the same thing that came up a long time ago on this list
about locking strategies on linux? Most gdbm libraries for linux appear
to be compiled to support flock() while exim uses fcntl(), and under
linux these two protocols are mutually exclusive. I know I haven't had
any trouble with gdbm since I recompiled a version that used fcntl()
locking by default.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.