adding X-RCPT-TO: headers with virtual domains

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jasper Wallace
A: exim-users, sysadmin
Asunto: adding X-RCPT-TO: headers with virtual domains

We run some virtual domains, one of which deleivers to one e-mail address,
but from multiple addresses - i.e.

<users>@customer.co.uk all goes to account@???.

the isp than keeps it in a pop mail box which the customer grabs and then
deleivers mail internelly depending on T0: lines

now this is ok for mail that is sent to a particular user, but pretty
useless when it's from a mailing list...

so what i want to do is to add a rule to the exim config. to add an X-RCPT-TO: header
into the mails header set to whatever the envelope RCPT-TO: line was. The
customer can then filter on that too...

after spending the weekend looking through 900 odd messages in my exim-users
archive and reading bits of the manual with info2www i'm rerally not sure
how to do it. i can find things about rewriting headers but not about
creating new ones...

has anyone done anything like this before?

i realise this isn't as simple as just putting the RCPT-TO envelope into an
envelope. so it really needs to be the delivary address...

> /usr/exim/bin/exim -bV

Exim version 0.53 #1 built 4-Jul-1996 19:30:45
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 1996

(yes i know this is a very old version - i'm going to have to upgrade to
1.62)

--
I've got a
         *Universal Turing Machine*