Re: Virtual Domains

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises Inc and Shire.Net
A: Tim Sailer
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Virtual Domains
>OK.. I seem to be having trouble getting the virtual domain mail
>setup working. Since I don't fully understand the setup uf exim
>yet, feel free to point me to the right section of the manual.
>I have the file /etc/mail/domains listing all the domains on
>the box, and /etc/mail/virtual.com/aliases holding the aliases I
>want for each domain. The aliases file looks like:

Hi

I figured my own system out without reading the exim manual on virtual
domains so I don't know what the official thought is on virtual domains but
this is how I do it:

Because of laziness sake I currently have everything in the .conf file.
Nothing is read out of files except the alias dbs of course.

local_domains = domain1.com:domain2.com:domain3.org:domain4.net

then as directors:

system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile,
domains = my.real.domain.com;
file = /etc/aliases,
search_type = lsearch

permaddressforwarder:
driver = aliasfile;
file = /var/spool/exim/${domain}/aliases,
search_type = dbm,
forbid_pipe = true

and I have a directory for each domain inside /var/spool/exim and inside
each directory is a db file called aliases

There are a few instances where this does not work. If I want to forward
to another virtual domain on the same system it sometime returns an error
with "no such local part." I haven't bothered to try and fix it yet as it
is not a problem as yet. One of these days I'll figure it out.

Chad

Chad Leigh              Pengar Enterprises, Inc and Shire.Net
chad@???         info@???        info@???
Full service WWW services from just space to complete sites.
Low cost virtual servers.    DB integration. Tango.
Email forwarding -- Permanent Email Addresses.  POP3 and IMAP
Email Accounts.  mailto:info@shire.net for any of these.