Re: adding X-RCPT-TO: headers with virtual domains

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Greg A. Woods, Mark Baker
Cc: Jasper Wallace, exim-users, sysadmin
Asunto: Re: adding X-RCPT-TO: headers with virtual domains
On Sun, 1 Jun 1997, Greg A. Woods wrote:

>      received    =  "Received"    ":"            ; one per relay
>                        ["from" domain]           ; sending host
>                        ["by"   domain]           ; receiving host
>                        ["via"  atom]             ; physical path
>                       *("with" atom)             ; link/mail protocol
>                        ["id"   msg-id]           ; receiver msg id
>                        ["for"  addr-spec]        ; initial form

> The "for" clause, i.e. the "initial form", is normally the address
> specified in the RCPT TO command for the given relay.
>
> Exim doesn't seem to provide the "for" clause by default, but I'm sure
> it could.

See the log_received_recipients option. However, this contains *all*
recipients for a message, which isn't really what was wanted in this
instance.

On Sun, 1 Jun 1997, Mark Baker wrote:

> exim almost does what you want anyway. If I turn on display of full headers
> and look at your message, I see at the top:

> Delivery-date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 22:10:14 +0100
>
> It only does this on local deliveries though, it sounds like what you want
> is for it to be done on other deliveries as well; I can't think of an easy
> way of doing this without nasty hacks such as delivering it locally and then
> resending it somehow.

It only does it on local deliveries because it isn't a standard header.
If you want something similar on remote deliveries, that it would have
to be done by some kind of X-header in order to conform to RFC-822.