exim & tpc?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jason S Kohles
A: exim-users
Asunto: exim & tpc?
Is anyone using exim with TPC (a global email-to-fax project)? If not, let
me give a quick overview of tpc, and how I have tried to set up exim to
handle it, and hopefully someone with more exim knowledge than I have will
be able to set me on the correct path =)...

How TPC works (from the user side):
suppose for example that I want to send a fax via email to myself at:
Jason Kohles
XMission Internet
and the fax number is (801)539-0853. In order to do this, I address the
email to:
remote-printer.Jason_Kohles/XMission_Internet@???
My mail software looks up the mx record for that address, and gets back the
mail server address of a local server which can then send the fax...

How TPC works (from the server side):
The way this works on the server side is, for example, lets say that I have
a local fax server and I want to provide fax service to area code 801 for
the 539 and 531 prefixes, tpc.int sets up some nameservice something like this:
*.1.3.5.1.0.8.1.tpc.int IN MX mail.xmission.com
*.9.3.5.1.0.8.1.tpc.int IN MX mail.xmission.com
on the mail server I have a file that contains a list of the local prefixes
that I intend to cover, in the example that file would contain:
1.3.5.1.0.8.1.tpc.int
9.3.5.1.0.8.1.tpc.int
when mail arrives destined for someone at an address that ends with one of
these, it should be piped to this command:
/usr/local/tpc/tpcmailer.pl <recipient address> <sender address>

How I have tried to implement this with exim:
This is what I have tried, I have this transport:
# tpc test
tpc:
driver = pipe;
command = "/usr/local/tpc/tpcmailer.pl ${local_part}@${domain} ${sender_addres
pipe_as_creator

and this router:
tpc_gate:
transport = tpc,
driver = domainlist;
route_list = "partial-lsearch;/usr/local/tpc/prefix.list" # or just *.tpc.int

what happens when I try and test this is, if local_domains does not contain
partial-lsearch;/usr/local/tpc/prefix.list, then I get an error that the
lowest numbered MX record points to the local host. If local_domains does
check prefix.list, then exim attempts to deliver the message to a local user
rather than piping it to the script where it should be sent. If someone
more enlightened than myself would care to point me in the right direction,
I would be grateful, and once this is running, I will send a sample
configuration off to the TPC guys, so that other exim users can set this up
with less trouble than I have had (its much less confusing than sendmail
though)...

    Jason Kohles -- System Administrator -- XMission Internet Access
      robobob@??? (at work) robobob@??? (at play)
   "The careful application of terror is also a form of communication."