Re: Database corruption

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jason S Kohles
A: Pete Ashdown
Cc: Nigel Metheringham, Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: Database corruption
On Thu, 29 May 1997, Pete Ashdown wrote:

> Nigel Metheringham said once upon a time:
> >
> >Howabout some version, database used and platform information.
>
> 1.62, Berkeley DB 1.85, GCC 2.7.2.1, Solaris 2.5.1

I had problems with database corruption when I first installed exim on my
little linux box, and it turns out that what happened was, berkeley db comes
with some header files that you are supposed to install, including ndbm.h,
I put all these headers into /usr/local/include, and libdb.a into
/usr/local/lib. What caused the problem was that exim was using an older
copy of ndbm.h that came with the linux distribution and resided in
/usr/include, so it was being found first. I renamed the old ndbm.h to
ndbm.h.old, rebuilt exim, and now everything works perfectly...

    Jason Kohles -- System Administrator -- XMission Internet Access
      robobob@??? (at work) robobob@??? (at play)
           "Features should be discovered, not documented"