Re: Spam and Censors

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jason S Kohles
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: Chris Thompson, exim-users
Asunto: Re: Spam and Censors
On Fri, 23 May 1997, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Also the technical fixes need to be carefully worked out - for example
> (and I am being rather mean using this as an example), one of the rules
> used by FirstBase looks like if you sent them a message containing their
> filter file (say if you were asking questions about a specific part of
> it), they would never actually get that message since it would be
> filtered....

This actually happened to me a couple of times when I tried to send a copy
of the main system filter to my personal machine to use there, by emailing
it. I had a similar problem while trying to test the filters after I
installed them on my machine, I just couldn't figure out why it wasn't
logging, the messages that matched the filter were not arriving, but they
were not getting logged either, then I realized that the same filters were
in effect for the machine I was sending _from_, and they were getting filtered
there before they ever made it to the other machine =)...

    Jason Kohles -- System Administrator -- XMission Internet Access
      robobob@??? (at work) robobob@??? (at play)
       "We're not surrounded, we're in a target-rich environment!"