Sender verification

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard Gilbert
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Sender verification
Dear Philip,

As I mentioned in my message to the list yesterday about rejecting mail
from unrewritable addresses, I am using sender verification. More
specifically I am using:

sender_try_verify
sender_verify_fixup

However I noticed in the rejectlog an example where a non-delivery message
(from Mailer-Daemon@???) was rejected. It would have
been better if this had got through to the original sender. (I thought I
had read something about the specific case of non-delivery reports, but I
can't find it now.) More generally, perhaps I should be liberal in what I
accept from the outside world and only apply sender verification to mail
from hosts in my own domain. I am sure there must be a way of doing this
but I cannot find it in the manual.

Richard
--
Richard Gilbert
Corporate Information and Computing Services