Re: Spam and Censors

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Bolding
A: Nigel.Metheringham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Spam and Censors
from Nigel.Metheringham@???

    > Also the technical fixes need to be carefully worked out - for example
    > (and I am being rather mean using this as an example), one of the rules
    > used by FirstBase looks like if you sent them a message containing their
    > filter file (say if you were asking questions about a specific part of
    > it), they would never actually get that message since it would be
    > filtered....

(you are __not__ being mean --- i am not an exim expert and would
enjoy all the help i can get in fighting spam as efficiently as possible!)

you are correct, but only due to the one line

    >>> $message_body contains "you by Dynamic Mail - the easier"

that was posted to exim-users by robobob@???.
none of the other rules has anything to do with the message body.

so, just in case anyone sends us our own filter, this rule has been removed.
but, if it stops spam, i still think its a good rule.

--john@???