Re: Spam and Censors

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jason S Kohles
A: John Bolding
Cc: Nigel.Metheringham, exim-users
Asunto: Re: Spam and Censors
On Fri, 23 May 1997, John Bolding wrote:

> (you are __not__ being mean --- i am not an exim expert and would
> enjoy all the help i can get in fighting spam as efficiently as possible!)
>
> you are correct, but only due to the one line
>
>     >>> $message_body contains "you by Dynamic Mail - the easier"

> that was posted to exim-users by robobob@???.
> none of the other rules has anything to do with the message body.
> so, just in case anyone sends us our own filter, this rule has been removed.
> but, if it stops spam, i still think its a good rule.

Actually, it isnt so great anymore, when we first put it in, it caught an
obscene amount of spam, but the dynamic mail guys seem to have figured it out,
and the spam we have received recently from them has had spelling and
punctuation variations, so that it doesnt hit the filter anymore...

    Jason Kohles -- System Administrator -- XMission Internet Access
      robobob@??? (at work) robobob@??? (at play)
           "Features should be discovered, not documented"