Re: Spam and Censors

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Chris Thompson
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Spam and Censors

cet1@??? said:
} It seems that people really do want to discuss the politics of spam
} blocking (as well as the technicalities of how to do it with Exim) on
} this list. So be it... I withdraw my objection.

Well I am aiming to stick mostly to technical issues, and punt the
politics to specific anti-spam sites.

} But I would still hope
} that we can bear in mind that there is diversity on the Internet, and
} not everyone's users are as unquestioning of the omniscient wisdom of
} their service provider as bill@???'s clearly are ;-)

I can agree with that. I am intending to filter mail coming in to our
users, with a workaround that can be implemented for specific users (the
policy being that its gets our filter rules or none at all - the problems
of trying to filter differently for n,000 users are certainly beyond me).

Also the technical fixes need to be carefully worked out - for example
(and I am being rather mean using this as an example), one of the rules
used by FirstBase looks like if you sent them a message containing their
filter file (say if you were asking questions about a specific part of
it), they would never actually get that message since it would be
filtered....

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 224 0003 ]