Re: Spam and Censors

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Thompson
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Spam and Censors
Nigel Metheringham writes

> OK, lets get something moving here....

It seems that people really do want to discuss the politics of spam
blocking (as well as the technicalities of how to do it with Exim) on
this list. So be it... I withdraw my objection. But I would still hope
that we can bear in mind that there is diversity on the Internet, and
not everyone's users are as unquestioning of the omniscient wisdom of
their service provider as bill@???'s clearly are ;-)

Another word of caution: there are about 160 addresses on the exim-users
mailing list at the moment, and many of these are secondary exploders. It
would be a trifle optimisitic to assume that there aren't spies for the spam
merchants out there. [I don't suppose that Philip has received a request for
wallace@??? to be added to the list yet?]

BTW, in connection with accomodating a spam-lovers list when using a system
filter file: although it's hard work to do this "right", the following nasty
trick occurs to me. Having identified the message as spam, just use
"seen deliver spam-lovers@???", *replacing* the recipient list.
If they love spam, give them as much as possible of it...

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,
Email: cet1@???    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.