Exim FAQ (Was: Spam and Censors)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David Sheryn
A: exim-users
Cc: Nigel Metheringham, Phil Hazel
Temas antiguos: Re: Spam and Censors
Asunto: Exim FAQ (Was: Spam and Censors)
On Fri, 23 May 1997, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> OK, lets get something moving here....
>
> [On a side line, the long awaited and completely unwritten exim FAQ
> appears to be starting to evolve here. It looks like so far its getting 3
> sections - sample configs, mailing lists and spam. It someone could think
> about taking on the misc section we could really start getting some good
> stuff together].

[ ... ]

> I'd appreciate it if anyone who has some anti-spam material for exim mail
> it or a reference to me (just me - not the whole list), preferably with
> the tag EXIM-SPAM in the subject to allow me to filter the stuff out
> easily.

If anybody would like to send me sample configurations or fragments, which
cater for various situtations, I would be grateful. As above, to me personally
please, with a tag EXIM-CONF in the subject for ease of filtering :)
                   ^^^^^^^^^
As a first cut, I would be particularly interested in offerings for the
following situations:

    a) Single host handling all Internet and local machine delivery

     b) Single mail server with client cluster - all mbox's on server

     c) (a) re-writing all "internal" form names to "external" form

     d) (b) with (c)

     e) others ...?

    f) `switch' - handles all mail for given set of domains from Internet
        by passing to local `smarthost'. Accepts mail from smarthost for
        onward internet delivery. No local deivery.

    g)  smarthost - performs local delivery for given set of domains.
        Hosts user's mailboxes, with user's details looked up from (dbm)
        tables, *not* passwd file, for performance.

    h)  (g) with (c), etc...

Thanks,

DHS
---
David Sheryn, D.H.Sheryn@???                    (+44) 171 477 8000 x8196
UCS Network Team -                  Postmaster,Hostmaster postmaster@???
Computing Services    City University    Northampton Square   London   EC1V 0HB