Re: require_files undesirable behavior

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David Sheryn
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: T. William Wells, exim-users
Asunto: Re: require_files undesirable behavior
On Fri, 16 May 1997, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 15 May 1997, T. William Wells wrote:
>
> > I have a number of users that have protected home directories. I
> > also check for .procmailrc with require_files. Mail for those
> > users is deferred because require_files cannot determine if the
> > .procmailrc file exists. Presumably, this is because the check for
> > the .procmailrc is done as the exim userid. Be that as it may, I
> > do not want to require my users to have world searchable home
> > directories. Any suggestions?

Do you consider just the executable-bit on the home directory as searchable ?
That's the most you need. Nothing else needs to be publicly readable (I think).

> I'm stumped. Since require_files can apply to any director it is indeed
> done as the exim uid, as there isn't (in general) any other uid to do it
> as.
>
> I suppose you could create an exim-accessible directory containing links
> to the .procmailrc files or something. Yuck.

Quite...

DHS                                                       Postmaster,Hostmaster
---
David Sheryn, D.H.Sheryn@???                    (+44) 171 477 8000 x8196
UCS Network Team -                  Postmaster,Hostmaster postmaster@???
Computing Services    City University    Northampton Square   London   EC1V 0HB