Re: require_files undesirable behavior

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jay Denebeim
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: require_files undesirable behavior
On Fri, 16 May 1997, Jay Denebeim wrote:

> IMO reducing the security on a bunch of directories is a much larger
> security breach than running a trusted program. You should only exit root
> when actually running external programs I think.

Ooooohhhhh!!!! *That* will stir up some reactions on this list, I
expect. It is quite contrary to what the "security experts" have been
telling me (quite forcibly in some cases).

In this particular case, sometimes not even being root can help you. If
the users' home directories are NFS mounted without root access, root
cannot read them.